Instead of bringing warmth, love and excitement, the holiday season can be a painful reminder of missing your loved one or beloved pet by your side. There are some things you can do to help ease your grief. We would like to share 7 tips with you for getting through the holidays.
- Be kind and gentle to yourself. Find the balance between what needs to be done and what you are capable of doing.
- Accept the sadness. Embrace the feeling and it will pass more quickly than if you keep avoiding it.
- Ask for help when you need it. Turn to your family and friends when you need some support.
- Take care of yourself physically. Eat healthy meals. Get some fresh air. Rest when needed.
- Change something. So many things have already changed. Be open to changing some traditions.
- Let go of perfectionism. Release your vision of what a perfect holiday needs to be. Open yourself up to spontaneity and unexpected moments.
- Look for joy in the moment. Joy happens when you look for it. Live in the present.
We wish you a peaceful and healing holiday season!