By Irina Jordan
Below is our collection of advice and insights from those who have lost a loved one shared by Chelsea Hanson. Find what works for you and what you identify with.
- Loss of the person you love will change your forever. You will continue to re-process your grief.
- Grieving is a lifelong process like enduring love. You will always be influenced by the loss as you are by the love.
- Give yourself a permission to continue your relationship with the one you've lost.
- Don't equate the depth of your grief to the love you feel for your loved one. Grief will soften but the love remains unchanged.
- Continue your relationship with the one you've lost by telling stories about them and thinking of them.
- Limit communication with people who cause you anxiety and make you uncomfortable while you grieve.
- Find support network: a shoulder to cry on, someone to talk to.
- Seek out different people for your support network from your friends, family members, co-workers.
- Listen to your intuitive voice and say 'no' when you know it is right for you.
- Pay attention to what you need moment by moment: energy, thoughts, sleep. Communicate your preferences to others.